Thursday, May 29, 2008

Before I sign off

Before I sign off
before the wax burns down
and the flame flickers out
before the all embracing darkness
and the final lights out
I haven't seen it all
but I've seen a lot
I've lead the cadence call
inside a prisons walls
and flexed my dean's list honors
it seems like contradiction
I say am Yisrael chai, and free Palestine!
a light unto the nations
shouldn't need walls of separation
When endless numbers fight, and die to resist your cause
you might consider you are doing something wrong
in honor of my name, I'll explain
damn if everyone ain't missing the message
you bless your children, to be like Menashe and Ephraim
the first brothers in Abraham's family, who didn't fight each other
their portion was the same
equal blessing, that's the lesson
you can eat your brother's portion, but the meal will be served with pain


No comments:

Bookmark and Share