Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cull

Sweat beads, strange dreams
Damp sheets
Listless
Feet shuffling without purpose
Just cull my fucking heart
So I don't feel the beats descent toward death
Thump thump
Thump thump
Anxiety I can't satiate
Agitation doesn't change
My powerlessness
Thus is the situation
Remain calm
When I'd rather take a hose to my oppressor
The human condition
The motherfucking system
And the ecological limits
Cull my fucking heart
I don't want to watch a mass extinction
The dying gasps of life
I don't want to watch dolphins die
Or my friends
Because we couldn't understand physics
Carrying capacity
Or the need for soil, not oil

  Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.



No comments:

Bookmark and Share