Thursday, July 17, 2008

Martyr

I'm already a martyr to corporate greed
might as well make it official
die quietly at home alone?
with a whimper?
ney, I think I'll do it with a bang
or perhaps, a boom
at least then they'll remember my name
otherwise, I'm just another statistic
and to tell you the truth
I'm sick of it
watching those I love, even myself
wither and die
apparently health care is not a human right
but a corporate service
and only those who can pay, deserve it
I want to believe
it's just the few, the greedy bastards doing it
truth is, every last fucking one of us contribute to it
financing our own undoing
keeping us occupied watching the idiot tube
fighting over imaginary divides
there's no black, no white, no Latino
no Jew, no Muslim, no Christian
There's rich, and there's poor
which group are you in?


No comments:

Bookmark and Share